Steps and Staircase Systems
Steps make gardens more interesting. That is especially true for our steps made from metal or a combination of metal and natural stone. All these variants of steps and staircase systems are summed up under the name SCALA. Easy planning and installation guaranteed!
- as a single step
- as a platform stairway (construction kit)
- The complete shell staircase CALVI consists of two stringers and the welded risers. The parts are delivered completely prefabricated. Accordingly the installation process is easy. The tread cover can be chosen freely by the building contractor: tiling, flags, cobblestones, decorative gravel or fair-faced concrete.
- as a solid staircase CORTE
Staircase System SCALA: brilliantly simple complete solution – garden staircase CALVI made from stainless steel or corten steel for filling in.
Single Steps Structure
The single steps are available in a C-form, L-form or I-form. On the basis of these forms it is easy to build stairs with an optimum cost/benefit ratio. The steps can be attached with steel edging stakes or by using punctual foundation. Typical step widths are 98 cm (≈ 38.58 in), 120 cm (≈ 47.24 in) or 148 cm (≈ 58.27 in). The lead is 18 cm (≈ 7.09 in) each time.
Platform Stairway (Construction Kit)
The installation of stairs can be made easier and faster, if prefabricated construction kits are used. We produce these according to your wishes as a customer. Whereever possible the delivery is realized in one-piece or with few components, that can be easily bolt together. The steps are solidly attached by using cross-pieces. Then these are filled in, using loose gravel, crushed stones etc. during the installation process and are then being covered.
Complete Shell Staircase CALVI
The complete shell staircase CALVI consists of two stringers and the welded risers. The parts are delivered completely prefabricated. Accordingly the installation process is easy. The tread cover can be chosen freely by the building contractor: tiling, flags, cobblestones, decorative gravel or fair-faced concrete.
The complete shell staircase CALVI with 6 steps weighs about 100 to 200 kg. The installation is done with the help of punctual foundations.
Self-supporting solid staircase CORTE
A solid staircase made from metal is an easy and elegant stair connection for a garden. In that way it is possible to overcome differences in altitude up to about 1 m (≈ 3.28 ft) with landings and steps in a self-supporting manner.
Note: The staircase is supported by a solid centre spine, so that it corresponds with the static requirements.
Nap Structure for more anti-slip Properties
In order to increase the anti-slip properties there are two welded rows of nap structure on the tread. The distance between the naps is 20 mm (≈ 0.79 in) The naps continue oxidizing so that they will eventually turn into the same color as the rest of the stairs.
Important Note for your Planning
- There are legal requirements for outdoor stairs concerning their anti-slip properties. In Germany the minimum requirement is Rutschwiderstandsklasse R11 (≈ slip resistance classification R11 which corresponds with an angle of inclination between 19° and 27°). When metallic tread covers are used like for the solid, self-supporting staircase CORTE these requirements are fulfilled by the welded nap structure.
- In the case of fall heights over 1 m (≈ 3.28 ft) suitable fall protection devices like railings have to be installed according to DIN 18065. On top of this regulation other local regulations have to be checked and respected (in Germany: Landesbauordnungen (LBO)).
- Especially with self-supporting solid staircases the first and the last step have to solidly linked to the stair. As a simple guideline: Every step has to carry more than 1 kN (about 100 kg, depending on the width of the stair). In case of doubt an explicit static proof is essential. Those who do the installation are responsible for the stability and its documentation.
SurfacesThe following surfaces are available
material number 1.8965
material number 1.4404, V4A
material number 1.4301, V2A